Bitches like me

We are bitches when we are unattractive to you.

We are bitches when we enjoy sex and throw ourselves into it with wild abandon –

Then we are bitches and whores.

We are bitches when we are “stuck up”: For that read not interested in fucking you:

We are bitches when we don’t want to have sex, because hey, you DO find us attractive and you want us:

How dare we reject you in your masculine glory, your Elvis hair and puffy baby hands!

We are bitches when we are pregnant and tired and boring…and have clearly had sex with a man.

We are bitches when we are not pregnant and you want us to magick a baby right NOW.

We are definitely bitches when our sexuality does not include men at all.

We are bitches when we burn the supper.

We are bitches when we don’t want to cook.

We are bitches when we are busy cooking and have no time to talk because we will burn the supper.

We are bitches when we talk to your friends like human beings.

We are bitches when we are cold and withdrawn because we don’t want to be seen as flirting

We are bitches when we are intelligent and have opinions that reject yours.

We are bitches when we are fluffy and vulnerable and standing at your door.

We are bitches when we are sad and can’t force a smile onto our faces.

We are bitches when we are happy and smiling and laughing. Are we laughing at you? If it is me, then possibly, yes.

We are bitches when some kid hits/bites/pinches our kid and we take our smaller child out of the ballpit crying and glare.

We are bitches when our kid bites someone and we apologize. But that’s ok, I felt the same way.

We are bitches when we gather with our Bitches and cackle and drink and tease.

We are bitches when we want to gather in groups of women alone at ease.

We are bitches when we point out the reality of biology

But that is ok, at least you recognize we are not you, your anger betrays who you are.

We are bitches when we walk

We are bitches when we talk

We are bitches when we stand up for ourselves and others.

We are bitches when we are too scared to.

We are bitches when we dare be upset that a man has hurt or threatened our lives.

We are bitches when we drive…yeah…especially when we drive.

We are bitches, lets face it, because you have mommy issues.

We are all bitches because bitch mommy refused to yield

We are bitches because you are sexually frustrated.

We are bitches because you are scared of being castrated.

We are bitches because we only have three choices in your fucked up little heads:

Virgin

Whore

Or Crone.

I pick all three.

Lilith and Diana me!

Hecate and Mary me!

Sekmet and Persephone?

Lady Macbeth and Kali me!

Black eyed and four armed

With a tray in my hand

Holding

The head of the man that called me

Bitch.

10 thoughts on “Bitches like me

1. leendadll says:

We are bitches when we report your harassment, molestation, and rape. We are bitches for staying at work alone. We’re bitches for not adapting our lives to your predatory behavior. We’re bitches for arming ourselves. We’re bitches for not joking when we tell you, “If you EVER hit me, don’t fall asleep around me ever again – because I WILL stab you in your sleep!”

1. The Paltry Sum says:

The problem I have with this piece is the “women and men are as bad as each other” not quite subtext, that it pushes. It just is not true. Women are not men’s equal when it comes to abuse between the sexes, they are almost entirely the victims, and so are their children.

1. Wyrd Smythe says:

Indeed, yes, quite true.

(FWIW: My sister’s first husband was quite a piece of work. Not quite life-threatening, and didn’t attack their three kids, but definitely a sub-human beast. My sister started working out, and the last time he tried that shit, he was the one that ended up in the corner crying and begging. I was so proud of her. Even more so when she finally divorced that POS. Her second husband is a true gem, so she found happiness. I hope that for all women in such dire straits.)

2. The Paltry Sum says:

Im glad things worked out well for your sister, so many women don’t make it out alive, I very nearly didn’t. If I had hit back, or resisted he would have killed me. That was clear, it would have escalated it. I am deaf on one side, lame on the same side, and impaired sight on one side, plus brain damage because I got beaten with a chair.

3. Wyrd Smythe says:

Stories like yours really break my heart. The world shouldn’t be like that.

(Not that it in any excuses any of it, but my sister’s first wasn’t a true monster, not a woman hater, so much as someone lost, dealing badly with his own perceived psychic pains, and lashing out like a child. He was Latin, so there was some unfortunate cultural conditioning as well. As such, her situation wasn’t as horrific as it is for many.)

4. The Paltry Sum says:

Nevertheless, your poor sister. I’ve stickied my early post Marriage is Murder, if you are intereted! I am not fond of the cultural excuse/ reasoning. People use it with my ex husband, and I tell them, he didn’t hit me because he is Asian, he hit me because he is evil and he enjoyed it….I’m ok, Wyrd! Really. I am in a shelter with the Boy and things are much safer.He still wont divorce me…but…there you go!

5. Wyrd Smythe says:

There are, indeed, true monsters in the world. Positive evil. I’m glad you’re okay; may your futures be bright!!

I did read Marriage is Murder (and your other posts). As a male I tend to stand cheering in support on the sidelines unless explicitly invited in. One understands that one is not always welcome.